From the ashes of one of Australia’s most iconic live music venues that played host to bands such as INXS, Australian Crawl, The Angels, Cold Chisel, The Sunnyboys, Skyhooks, The Knack & Bo Diddley comes the new Bombay Rock. Free live music every Fri & Sat
Being one of Melbourne’s largest entertainment venues we can cater for most function types.
- You got a birthday coming up? We’ve got the cake.
- Work function? Talk about music to fill in awkward chit chat with your boss.
- Party with your crew? We’re open all god damn night.
Some trivia before you visit.
- 9/10 Australians listen to music each week. 4/10 exercise.
- 73,000+ gigs annually in the state of Victoria.
- Melbourne has more live music venues per capita than any other city in the world.
- Brunswick has more registered musicians than anywhere in Australia.
- Bombay Rock is the beating heart of live music on Sydney Road.
A melting pot of bands, genres, and ideas.
Here at Bombay Rock, we pay our respects to the greats who have played here; Cold Chisel, Skyhooks, INXS, you name it. But we also recognise how important it is to air new talent and breathe fresh life into the Australian music scene.
Slide us your details if you want to join us and be a part of our little slice of rock and roll history.
House of Light (Berl/LA) w/Dr Sure's Unusual Practice + Lappland Between US and European commitments Berlin/LA's HOUSE OF LIGHT bring back to Australia their cinematic shoegaze that meshes shimmering guitar, pulsating synths and motorik rhythms - fitting somewhere between darkwave and 80s neo-psych. Having sold out the first pressing of their Kasumiuen Records release, [...]
We are hitting the road to celebrate the release of our debut album 'Make Real, Make Believe' at Bombay Rock The first two singles 'Who Are You' and 'Shivers' have already wandered into the world through a premiere via Happy Mag. They laid out the perfect sum-up... "Who Are You; a vintage-style psych-rock chugger" [...]