From the ashes of one of Australia’s most iconic live music venues that played host to bands such as INXS, Australian Crawl, The Angels, Cold Chisel, The Sunnyboys, Skyhooks, The Knack & Bo Diddley comes the new Bombay Rock. Free live music every Fri & Sat
Being one of Melbourne’s largest entertainment venues we can cater for most function types.
- You got a birthday coming up? We’ve got the cake.
- Work function? Talk about music to fill in awkward chit chat with your boss.
- Party with your crew? We’re open all god damn night.
Some trivia before you visit.
- 9/10 Australians listen to music each week. 4/10 exercise.
- 73,000+ gigs annually in the state of Victoria.
- Melbourne has more live music venues per capita than any other city in the world.
- Brunswick has more registered musicians than anywhere in Australia.
- Bombay Rock is the beating heart of live music on Sydney Road.
A melting pot of bands, genres, and ideas.
Here at Bombay Rock, we pay our respects to the greats who have played here; Cold Chisel, Skyhooks, INXS, you name it. But we also recognise how important it is to air new talent and breathe fresh life into the Australian music scene.
Slide us your details if you want to join us and be a part of our little slice of rock and roll history.
Game on! Hard Rock versus Punk! Up first are newcomers, Fortress Rising, who have been training in the stylings of 90s guitar rock. Expect them to crank out tunes in drop D and bang their long locks! The second quarter features 70s inspired protest punkers, The One Twos, loose and limber from the recent [...]
Since the election of President Rodrigo Duterte in 2016, countless thousands have lost their lives to a senseless "war on drugs", a front for a war on the impoverished people of the Philippines, and a 'licence to kill' handed to police and authorities across the archipelago. In 2018 four Food Not Bombs volunteers were [...]